NNN: The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has injected the sum of 210 million dollars into Nigerian Inter-Bank Foreign Exchange market following conclusion of Tuesday’s transactions.
The bank’s Director, Corporate Communications Department, Isaac Okorafor, made this known in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.
Okorafor explained that the figure released by CBN on Tuesday indicated that the bank offered 100 million dollars to authorised dealers in the wholesale sector of the market.
He said the Small and Medium Enterprise (SMEs) and the invisible segments were allocated the sum of 55 million dollars each.
He further stated that the management of apex bank remained particularly pleased with the prevailing stability in the Nigerian foreign exchange market.
The director reaffirmed the bank’s commitment to continue to boost inter bank foreign exchange market, to ensure stability and availability to meet customers demand.
The Nigeria News Agency reports “that in the last intervention, the bank injected 284.2 million dollars and CNY36 million into the Retail Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS), and in the spot and short tenured forwards segments of the foreign exchange market’’.
Meanwhile, the Naira on Tuesday, Aug. 6, exchanged at an average of N358 to a dollar in the Bureau De Change (BDC) segment of the market.
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs
- Peace: Sen. Akwashiki donates N10m to CAN
- Army regular intake to screen 1,560 in Zamfara
- Ten takeaways from State Visit to Portugal: Two Nations and the will for strategic partnership – Garba Shehu
- 2023: NYSC advises corps members to comply with rules of elections
- I’ll provide leadership for medical community, says NMA FCT Chairmanship aspirant
- Police arrest 3 suspects for alleged rape, forceful initiation of girl into cult group
- Communiqué of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission on the Situation in Libya
- Retirement: Staff, friends of National Hospital Abuja laud outgoing CMD
- UNICEF applauds release of over 50 abducted children in Ondo
- Security consultant advises Nigerians to know their neighbours
- MSF calls for urgent humanitarian response in Borno
- World Sports Press Day 2022: Message from the President of ANOCA
- Financial experts attribute decline in living standards to high inflation rate
- UFC: Sunday Dare Congratulates Israel Adesanya on Another Successful Title Defence
- Appeal Court fixes July 5 for judgment in Abuja land dispute matter
- Hundreds of anti-coup protesters in Sudan defy security forces
- NAFDAC shuts 10 water factories in Ondo
- 2023: Group drums support for Obi, urges people to get PVC
- Taraba Govt. begins sensitisation of community to privitisation of highland tea