By Mohammed Tijjani
CAN President Reverend Joseph Hayab, who made the appeal in a statement Wednesday in Kaduna, also welcomed the appointment.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday approved Baba’s appointment as the new acting 1-G of the police.
“I call on Nigerians to cooperate with the new IG so that together we can achieve the peace we once enjoyed in the country,” he said.
Hayab said the task ahead for the new IG calls for the support of Nigerians, regardless of the differences, to enable it to tackle the security challenges in the country.
The president said that the association can testify to its virtue of honesty in its goal of ensuring a peaceful society.
He said his appointment came at a time when Nigerians needed a man with the vision and the roadmap to end the security challenges in the country.
“In view of the task ahead, he needs our sincere advice, suggestions and prayers on useful directions for a safe society free from all forms of crime.
“Let us all give him all the support, with the necessary advice for the police under his leadership to be successful,” he said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yEU
- FG’s flagship freight services from Warri to Itakpe
- JAMB Registrar prohibits parents from accessing UTME sites
- Coronavirus – Gambia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Turkey bans payments with cryptocurrencies
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (April 15, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Rugby sevens match officials revealed for Tokyo Olympics 100 days to go
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)