By Georgina Adegbie / Aderonke Ojo
Cameroon‘s team on Friday in Abuja beat Nigeria 3-0 in the ongoing African Nations U-18 Women’s Volleyball Championship.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that in the match played at Moshood Abiola National Stadium, the Nigerian girls were enthusiastic and lost gallantly despite their best efforts.
The Cameroon team, as beautiful as they may appear, displayed a good level of supremacy in their match against Nigeria.
The Nigeria team fought well, but couldn’t win any of the sets, losing 26-28, 21-25 and 17-25.
Cameroon head coach Emile Tong Tong later said his players fought to win the game.
“The Nigerian team gave us a tough time in the game, but I am happy that my players did well with the experience to come out victorious at the end of the game.
“We will go and prepare before our game against Ghana on Saturday,” he said.
For her part, Elishama Elam, the head coach of the Nigerian girls under 18, said he was impressed with the performance of his daughters even though they lost their match.
“The girls fought well and they gave Cameroon a hard time, but their efforts unfortunately did not yield good results.
“We will go back to our drawing board and work on our delays against our next matches and to get it right,” said the head coach.
Nigeria women’s team captain Maryam Ibrahim said she would improve her performance to win her next match.
“We have to really work hard and qualify for the World Cup. We will fight well to win our next game, ”said the captain.
The African Nations Volleyball Championship which started on Thursday is expected to end on Tuesday. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yeh
- British Queen enters debate over Philip’s funeral outfits
- Police deploy 17,500 for LG Rivers election
- Russia, Ukraine hold military exercises, NATO responds
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Buhari saddened by killing of soldiers in Bénoué, says Magashi
- Edo 2020 release: Okowa congratulates the Delta team
- Residents of Kano and Katsina accuse manufacturers of cement price