By Emmanuel Afonne
The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Club Secretaries Forum of Nigeria congratulates the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) and the Ministry of Sports for supporting Enyimba FC in the success of their CAF assignments.
The NPFL Club Secretaries Forum in a statement Wednesday by its public relations manager, Omon Bassey, thanked those who made the trip possible.
According to him, this is an indication of the government’s desire to see football reach an enviable height.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that Aba’s Enyimba International FC are due to face Al Ahly Benghazi in Libya at 10 p.m. Thursday in a draw in the CAF Confederation Cup.
Enyimba, popularly known as The People’s Elephant, was at risk of missing the Group A match in Libya due to flight and visa complications in Libya.
The team also suffered another blow when CAF refused its initial request to postpone the match.
However, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia intervened by arranging a chartered flight to transport the team to and from Libya.
The Sports Department and the NFF also played a major role in moving the date and time of the match to Thursday, from its previously scheduled date of Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
“We congratulate NFF President Amaju Pinnick; LMC President Mallam Shehu Dikko and Sports Minister Sunday Dare for their technical support and assistance to the club.
“This technical support came as a shift in the date and time of the match.
“Also, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, Governor of Abia, for the huge financial support needed to hire a chartered flight for the game in Libya.
“We wish Aba’s Enyimba Football Club a successful exit against Ahly Benghazi of Libya,” the statement said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z2n
- 16,000 jobs’ll be created when National Theatre’s renovation is completed – Official
- Gen. Joshua Dogonyaro, ex-CDS dies at 80 Death
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 12, 2021)
- New board will run the National Theatre after renovations – GM
- Ogun Govt. restates commitment to quality health care
- Eid-el-Fitr: Ganduje urges Muslims to pray for peace
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 12, 2021)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Orji Kalu advocates national cohesion
- Expert wants greater investment in food security