Enyimba players celebrate their victory
By Victor Okoye
Aba’s Enyimba International Football Club recorded a valuable away victory on Saturday in the first leg of the second preliminary round of the 2021/2022 CAF Confederation Cup.
Cyril Olisema scored from the penalty spot three minutes from time to give Enyimba a precious away victory over Senegalese ASC Diambars in Thiès.
The match was on its way to a sterile stalemate until the two-time African champions swept them away.
They got a penalty after 87 minutes, and Olisema kept his nerves to give the People’s Elephants the winner of the match.
The Algerian JS Kabylie returned from neighboring Morocco with a 1-0 victory over AS FAR in Rabat.
Ali Haroun’s shot was deflected by FAR defender Mohamed Moufid to give JS Kabylie the lead after 19 minutes.
The visitors held on against the Moroccans’ many attempts to find an equalizer to emerge victorious.
The return match will take place in Tizi Ouzou on October 23 (www.)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D4P
- COVID-19: Nigeria records 3 cases of omicron variant infections
- Mozambique conference calls for revival of fishing communities
- Complement your education with skills acquisition, NYSC boss charges corps members
- CEMAC Ministers Endorse African Energy Week 2022
- UNICEF and Liquid Intelligent Technologies launch a partnership to help Giga bridge the digital divide in Africa
- Nigeria, Chad to partner on power interconnection –Minister
- Prof. Florence Obi: Celebrating 1 year of an Icon in office
- Minister decries lack of improved cocoa seedlings
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara