CAF Awards to return in style on July 21
NNN: The Confederation of African Football (CAF) on Sunday said the 2022 edition of its Awards will return on July 21 in Morocco.
The continental football governing body, in a statement on its website, said the Awards would be held ahead of the final match of Africa’s flagship women competition.
The competition, Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON), tagged “Morocco 2022”, is scheduled to take place between July 2 and July 23.
”The event will also coincide with the two-year anniversary of the launch of the CAF Women’s Football Strategy.
”In line with that, a new category of award —- Inter-club’s Women Player of the Year —- has been introduced following the successful roll-out of the CAF Women’s Champions League in November.”
CAF added that just like it was in previous editions, there would be several categories of awards to be presented.
These would be in addition to the coveted prizes of the Men’s and Women’s Players of the Year.
”Other categories include the Inter-clubs Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year, National Team of the Year, Coach of the Year, Club of the Year, and Goal of the Year.”
CAF disclosed that the winners would be decided by votes from captains and coaches of the Member-Associations, selected journalists, CAF Technical Study Group members and CAF Legends.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the period under review for the awards is from September 2021 till June 2022.
The previous edition of the CAF Awards was held in 2019 in Hurghada, Egypt.
Senegalese forward Sadio Mane and Nigeria’s Asisat Oshoala scooped the African Player of the Year’s awards for men and women respectively.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family