Buni lauds FEC for approving N18bn refund to Yobe for constructing federal roads
NNN: Gov. Mai Mala Buni of Yobe has commended the Federal Executive Council (FEC) for approving N18 billion to the state as refund for construction of five federal roads.
Buni, in a statement by his Director-General, Press and Media Affairs, Alhaji Mamman Mohammed, in Damaturu on Thursday, pledged judicious use of the funds.
He said the refund would provide the state government with opportunities to execute projects that would improve the lives of ithe people.
“I want to specially commend Mr President and members of the Federal Executive Council for the sense of fairness to Yobe.
“The refunds would finance other projects that would impact positively on the lives of our people.
“Government would direct the resources into education, healthcare delivery, water supply, employment opportunities and other infrastructure to improve the lives of our people,” the governor said.
He explained that such understanding between the state and federal governments would spur the state to commit more resources on federal projects with direct bearing on the lives of the people.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the FEC on Wednesday approved N477 billion to 24 states as refunds for construction and maintaining federal roads.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs