By Ismaila Chafe
President Muhammadu Buhari congratulated Aliko Dangote on his 64th birthday, describing him as a key partner and “a ‘Corona warrior’, who continues to show steadfast faith and belief in our dear country.”
The president’s congratulatory message is contained in a statement by his senior special assistant for media and publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Saturday.
In the statement commemorating the birthday of Africa’s leading philanthropist and industry giant, Buhari noted that the COVID-19 pandemic has put enormous pressure on many countries.
He said: “In our case, thanks to the support and cooperation of citizens like Dangote who show great empathy and sacrifice towards humanity in their own way, the burden has been lightened a bit on the citizens and the government.”
Buhari also praised Group Chairman Dangote for giving wings to the aspirations of many young people and professionals in Nigeria and the rest of the continent, urging him to keep doing more.
According to him, these exemplary efforts will go down in history and be remembered by future generations.
He wished Dangote many years of healthy life and service to the nation and to humanity. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yIS
- Social media restrictions lifted in Ethiopia — NetBlocks
- The Canada-Africa Chamber of Commerce welcomes Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard to its main advisory board
- EU, US reach truce in steel tariff dispute
- German Africa Energy Forum in Hamburg to kick-start Africa’s economic transformation
- NEMA warns of probable flood in 10 C/River areas
- Rape: Centre advises parents to pay adequate attention to children
- NLC begins 5-day warning strike in Kaduna State
- Police debunk report of attack on Modakeke Town
- Speaker lauds Gov. Bagudu for completing rural road project