By Emmanuel Antswen
President Muhammadu Buhari is displeased and saddened by the killing of 11 soldiers in the village of Bonta, in the Konshisha local government area, Benue.
Defense Minister General Bashir Magashi made it known on Thursday when he led department heads and other senior military officers during a visit to Governor Samuel Ortom at Benue Peoples House in Makurdi .
The Nigerian armed forces are deeply saddened after the murder of 11 soldiers and a captain in the LGA of Konshisha de Bénoué.
“This will not deter the army from carrying out its functions of protecting life and property in the country.
“To boost the morale of the soldiers, the perpetrators of this despicable act must be apprehended and made to face the wrath of the law,” he said.
In his remarks, Governor Samuel Ortom expressed his deep sympathy to the President and the armed forces for this barbaric act.
“I haven’t slept since the soldiers were killed,” he said.
Ortom acknowledged the tremendous support and contributions of security agencies, especially the military, to ensure peace in the state.
The governor said he ordered stakeholders in the Konshisha local government area to fish the perpetrators.
He pledged his administration’s support and cooperation with security agencies to ensure those responsible for this heinous act are apprehended and brought to justice.
Ortom therefore prayed for the restoration of peace and security in all regions of the country. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPU
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners