Buhari receives Ekiti Gov.-elect, says things getting better with APC
NNN: President Muhammadu Buhari officially received Governor-elect of Ekiti, Mr Biodun Oyebanji, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Monday.
The newly-elected governor was led to the event by Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Sen. Abdullahi Adamu, Governors Kayode Fayemi, Atiku Bagudu, Mohammed Badaru of Ekiti, Kebbi and Jigawa, respectively.
The president stated that he keenly followed the polls held on Saturday, June 18, and was delighted with the orderly conduct, and the way the electorate and security agencies comported themselves.
“I loved how the APC Governors mobilized, and supported you,” the president told Oyebanji.
He added: “I think the party is very lucky, and things are getting better. I congratulate the Chairman, and I pray you sustain it.”
In his remarks, Adamu ascribed all the glory for the election victory to God, and pledged that same would be replicated in Osun State next month.
In his capacity as Chairman of the Campaign Council for Ekiti, Gov Badaru congratulated the president on the successful outing.
He said, “Your unending effort to reposition the party is paying off. If we combine the votes of the candidates that came second and third, our candidate still beat them by a wide margin.
”APC is being daily endeared to Nigerians. Our gratitude goes to you, Mr President.”
While appreciating the president, Oyebanji said the election was a referendum on the party, “and a clear, positive signal to the election in Osun, and the national one next year. APC is still the party of choice.”
Oyebanji lauded the president “for the leadership and the level playing field you provided.”
He pledged that he would be magnanimous in victory, as earlier advised by President Buhari.
- Estate agent faces N3.4m land scam charge
- Kano traffic agency deploys 1,500 personnel for Eid-el-Kabir
- WHO to reconvene monkeypox emergency committee
- Seadogs lifts Nasarawa community with portable water
- 467 police constables graduate from Police College, Ilorin
- Police pass out 9,989 Constables from training schools
- New Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI) Book Enriches Knowledge on Fatāwa Related to Leasing Contracts
- Man, 40, faces N1.7m visa scam charge
- Eid-el Kabir: We’re badly affected by economic downturn, ram sellers, buyers cry out
- Cuba Consortium signs agreement to establish vaccines manufacturing plant in Bayelsa
- Acting VC tasks Deans on soft, developmental skills
- Teenager in court for alleged shop breaking
- The Chairperson of the African Union Commission calls for tolerance and peaceful co-existence in Western Ethiopia
- Man, 24, docked for alleged shop breaking, theft
- Honoring H.E. Muhammad Barkindo, Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Secretary General
- Man, 65, gets life imprisonment for raping 85-year-old step mother
- Police present N24m cheques to families of 8 deceased officers
- Army donate bags, books, food items to 361 pupils in Rivers
- UK PM Johnson vows to plough on despite resignations
- Morocco reaffirms its commitment for a political solution to the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara, within the framework of the Kingdom’s national sovereignty and territorial integrity