Buhari in Ogun for inauguration of projects
NNN: President Muhammadu Buhari has arrived in Ogun for the inauguration of some projects carried out by the state governor, Dapo Abiodun.
He was received by Mr. Abiodun and other senior state government officials at 10:40 am in the Mojoda area of Ijebu-Ode, where he cut the ribbon for the inauguration of the 14-kilometer Ijebu-Ode-Mojoda-Epe highway.
Mr. Buhari is also expected to inaugurate other projects, including
Gateway City Gate Monument Park and Sagamu Interchange.
Other projects include: two developments: the 527-unit low and middle housing scheme at Kobape in the Obafemi-Owode local government area and the 83-unit duplexes at Kings Court Estate, Oke-Mosan in Abeokuta.
Mr. Buhari is also scheduled to hold a stakeholder meeting at the Presidential Lodge in Abeokuta to finalize the visit.
Meanwhile, the old city of Abeokuta sports a new look, as the main roads, bridges and other important institutions and public places were beautifully decorated as part of the arrangement to add color to the program.
The Federal Highway Traffic Safety Corps, FRSC, and the state traffic monitoring and control agency had closed some major highways to traffic.
However, alternative routes were created and opened for motorists in the state for the duration of the visit.
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women