Buhari nominates Shehu as RMAFC Chairman
NNN: President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated Malam Mohammed Shehu as the Chairman of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).
This is contained in a letter read by the Senate President, Dr Ahmad Lawan at plenary on Wednesday.
“In accordance with the provision of Section 154 (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
“I am pleased to forward for confirmation by the Senate the appointment of Mohammed Shehu, as the Chairman of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission.
“It is my hope that the Senate will consider and confirm the nominee in the usual expeditious manner,” Buhari said.
In a related development, Lawan, at plenary also forwarded Buhari’s request for confirmation of Mr Joe Ohiani, as substantive Director-General of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC).
Also forwarded was the President’s request for the confirmation of Mr Umar Yahaya as Co-Chairman of the Governing Council of Unclaimed Funds.
The nominees were expected to appear before relevant committees of the Senate for screening.
The committees were given two weeks to report back to the Senate in
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family