By Ismaila Chafe
President Muhammadu Buhari sent his sincere condolences to Afaka’s family on the death of Sa’idu Afaka, his official driver, who died at the State House Clinic on Tuesday after a prolonged illness.
The president’s condolence message is contained in a statement by his senior special media and publicity assistant Malam Garba Shehu in Abuja on Tuesday.
Buhari, who was also compassionate with the government and people of Kaduna State, described the late Afaka as an honest, competent and reliable person who carried out his work with the utmost care and responsibility.
The president recalled that in 2016, Afaka, while on pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia, picked up a bag containing a large amount of foreign currency and handed it over to the National Hajj Commission.
He noted that this action won Afaka praise from the Saudi and Nigerian authorities.
Buhari prayed to Almighty Allah to “ bless the souls of the dead with a high place in heaven, ” committing family and friends to divine comfort and patience. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yEx
- Ghana denies Akufo-Addo’s alleged conviction against Nigeria
- Tragic death of Bello Africa’s best para-badminton player – Kwara gov.
- Presidency condemns smear campaign against Minister of Communication Pantami
- Ramadan: Governor Lalong and Onaiyekan call for peace and religious tolerance
- Zamfara’s killing of innocent people by bandits is unacceptable – Buhari
- FG reaffirms its commitment to finance the schools of the unit
- ACCI entrusts the private sector with piloting the agro-industrial zones
- COVID-19: 16.6 million African children miss doses of measles vaccine – WHO
- FG reiterates its commitment to the industrial property legislature