By Ismaila Chafe
The President, in a statement by his spokesperson, Mr. Femi Adesina in Abuja on Tuesday, also expressed his condolences with the people of the Itsekiri nation for the passing of the immediate past Olu, His Royal Majesty Ogiame Ikenwoli, who had been officially ad.
Buhari prayed that the designated Olu, Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko, would have a peaceful reign, indicated by the massive development of the Itsekiri land.
He stressed the need for love and reconciliation after a thrilling race for the throne, noting that “maybe all dissension exists and it should be resolved through due process.”
The president further argued that as the Itsekiri nation mourned their late Olu for three months, he prayed for divine comfort for them and a gentle ascendant for the new traditional ruler.
The new Olu of Warri was born on April 4, 1984. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yDM
- The FG reconstitutes the boards of directors of NABTEB, NSSEC
- SEC accuses traders of frustrating electronic dividend registration
- Correctional center controller recommends amnesty for some inmates
- Society defines May 5 as National Bible Day
- SEC instructs CMOs to update investor information
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- FG distributes inputs to 7,500 women farmers
- Intelligence gathering is key to resolving insurgency -GOC
- Coronavirus – Namibia: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)