By Ismaila Chafe
The President, in a statement by his spokesperson, Mr. Femi Adesina in Abuja on Tuesday, also expressed his condolences with the people of the Itsekiri nation for the passing of the immediate past Olu, His Royal Majesty Ogiame Ikenwoli, who had been officially ad.
Buhari prayed that the designated Olu, Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko, would have a peaceful reign, indicated by the massive development of the Itsekiri land.
He stressed the need for love and reconciliation after a thrilling race for the throne, noting that “maybe all dissension exists and it should be resolved through due process.”
The president further argued that as the Itsekiri nation mourned their late Olu for three months, he prayed for divine comfort for them and a gentle ascendant for the new traditional ruler.
The new Olu of Warri was born on April 4, 1984. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yDM
- Manchester City in first UCL semi-final under Guardiola
- A decade later, the Rugby Union returns to the Nigeria National Sports Festival – Edo 2020
- The House of Reps will commit the governors on the autonomy of the judiciary
- UPFIELD Announces Etihad Airways Chef As Winner Of The First Vegan Dessert Category In This Year’S Emirates Salon CulinaireAR’S EMIRATES SALON CULINAIRE
- Group condemns attack on Ebonyi community
- 17,000 to date receive AstraZeneca’s first blow to Enugu – Official
- Concussion education leads to increase in World Rugby course completions to 1.8 million
- Nigeria registers 89 new COVID-19 infections, now totaling 164,000
- Hon. Bolaji Dada charges women to actively participate in politics