Buhari greets industrialist, Lawal Obelawo at 92
NNN: President Muhammadu Buhari has joined the government and people of Osun in celebrating renowned businessman, industrialist and philanthropist, Prince Lawal Obelawo, on his 92nd birthday.
Buhari in a statement issued by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, on Friday in Abuja, congratulated the statesman for impacting the economy of Nigeria and other nations.
He noted the patriotism of the industrialist, who started business in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, at a very young age, and rose to become the highest private sector employer of labour in that country, before honouring a call by retired Gen. Yakubu Gowon to also invest in Nigeria.
Buhari affirmed that the investor’s foresight and wisdom had always translated into amazing results in building factories like Lawal Obelawo Plastic-Pipe Industry Nigeria (LOPIN) Limited.
According to the president, this has made him a major supplier for the development of Jakande Estate and Marwa Estate in Lagos State, and most of the districts in the Federal Capital Territory, including the University of Abuja, Garki, Jabi and Asokoro.
The president believed Obelawo’s penchant for raising people and communities deserve commendation, with a profile of providing scholarship for many students, and supporting health care, both at primary and secondary levels.
Buhari prayed for good health and strength for the nonagenarian.
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss