Mr Femi Adesina, the president’s spokesman in a statement said Buhari’s congratulatory message was conveyed via a letter addressed to the retired military officer.
In the letter personally signed by the President to the former General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, Kaduna, titled “AN OFFICER AND GENTLEMAN TURNS 80’’, the President said: “I am delighted to felicitate with you on the occasion of your 80th birthday.
“Yours is a life that has impacted our country in diverse ways, and you deserve all the accolades that can come your way as you attain this landmark age.
“From one of the pioneer intakes in the Boys Company (later Nigeria Military School) in 1954, to Regular Officers’ Special Training School, Teshi, Ghana, and then to Mons Officers’ Cadet School, Aldershot, England (1959), you were prepared for service all the way.
“You contributed in no mean way in the war of peace to keep Nigeria one, and thereafter, served as Quarter Master General Nigerian Army and General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, Kaduna, among others.
“Also indelibly imprinted in our history were your roles as Chairman, Festival of Arts and Culture (FESTAC 77), Chairman, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, Chairman, National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum, and many others.
“Your people know your worth, and they gave you the title Walin Garkida, and you continue to serve them faithfully.
“As you turn 80, I wish you good health, strength and sound mind.”
Edited By: Ese E. Ekama (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3pce
- 16,000 jobs’ll be created when National Theatre’s renovation is completed – Official
- Gen. Joshua Dogonyaro, ex-CDS dies at 80 Death
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 12, 2021)
- New board will run the National Theatre after renovations – GM
- Ogun Govt. restates commitment to quality health care
- Eid-el-Fitr: Ganduje urges Muslims to pray for peace
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 12, 2021)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Orji Kalu advocates national cohesion
- Expert wants greater investment in food security