Buhari appoints new Statistician-General for NBS
NNN: President Muhammadu Buhari, has approved the appointment of Mr Semiu Adeniran as the substantive Statistician-General of the Federation and Chief Executive Officer of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), with immediate effect.
This is contained in a statement by the Special Assistant on Media to the Minister of State, Budget and National Planning, Sufuyan Ojeifo, on Friday in Abuja.
According to Ojeifo, the appointment follows the demise of the former Statistician-General of the Federation, Dr Simon Harry, on April 13.
Adeniran is a professional statistician of repute with bias for Demography and Social Statistics.
He has over three decades of statistical hands-on experience, garnered from various local and international institutions.
Until his appointment, Adeniran was the Director of Demographic and Household Statistics at the NBS. .
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss
- Seplat, NLNG proffer solutions to Nigeria’s gas crisis
- NGO tasks Kaduna govt on out-of-school children, free education