Connect with us

Foreign

Brunei-China joint venture plants trees to protect local environment-

Published

on

  Hengyi Industries Sdn Bhd a China Brunei joint venture will continue its reforestation project to help protect the local natural environment the company s CEO Chen Liancai said on Thursday Hengyi Industries carried out its sixth reforestation project in conjunction with the celebration of the third anniversary of the successful commissioning of the Hengyi Refinery and Petrochemical Plant Brunei Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism Haji Abdul Manaf Chinese Ambassador to Brunei Yu Hong and more than 90 Hengyi employees as well as volunteers from various government and non government agencies participated in the event As part of the reforestation project 500 saplings were planted on 0 5 hectares of land in the Berakas Forest Reserve Established in May 2019 the reforestation project is part of Hengyi Industries corporate social responsibility activities under the Hengyi One Planet Initiative Chen said Hengyi Industries is a joint venture between China s Zhejiang Hengyi Group and Damai Holdings a wholly owned subsidiary of the Brunei government s Strategic Development Capital Fund Hengyi owns 70 percent of the company s shares while Damai Holdings owns the remaining 30 percent Zhejiang Hengyi Group invested around US 3 45 billion in the first phase of its Brunei oil refinery and petrochemical project which went into full operation in November 2019 The China funded firm began its reforestation project in 2019 which is expected to help materialize the country s effort to achieve one of the main strategies of Brunei Darussalam s National Climate Change Policy Brunei launched the climate change policy in July 2020 aiming to reach the target of planting 500 000 new trees by 2035 Xinhua
Brunei-China joint venture plants trees to protect local environment-

Industries Sdn Bhd

– Hengyi Industries Sdn Bhd, a ChinaBrunei joint venture, will continue its reforestation project to help protect the local natural environment, the company’s CEO Chen Liancai said on Thursday.

social media blogger outreach naijanewsnow

Hengyi Industries carried out its sixth reforestation project in conjunction with the celebration of the third anniversary of the successful commissioning of the Hengyi Refinery and Petrochemical Plant.

naijanewsnow

Brunei Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism Haji Abdul Manaf, Chinese Ambassador to Brunei Yu Hong and more than 90 Hengyi employees as well as volunteers from various government and non-government agencies participated in the event.

naijanewsnow

As part of the reforestation project, 500 saplings were planted on 0.5 hectares of land in the Berakas Forest Reserve.

“Established in May 2019, the reforestation project is part of Hengyi Industries’ corporate social responsibility activities under the Hengyi One Planet Initiative,” Chen said.

Hengyi Industries is a joint venture between China’s Zhejiang Hengyi Group and Damai Holdings, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Brunei government’s Strategic Development Capital Fund. Hengyi owns 70 percent of the company’s shares while Damai Holdings owns the remaining 30 percent.

Zhejiang Hengyi Group invested around US$3.45 billion in the first phase of its Brunei oil refinery and petrochemical project, which went into full operation in November 2019.

The China-funded firm began its reforestation project in 2019, which is expected to help materialize the country’s effort to achieve one of the main strategies of Brunei Darussalam’s National Climate Change Policy.

Brunei launched the climate change policy in July 2020, aiming to reach the target of planting 500,000 new trees by 2035. ■

(Xinhua)

oldmobilebet9jashop bbc hausa kwankwaso bitly shortner twitter download

NNN is an online Nigerian news portal that publishes breaking news in Nigeria and the world.Contacti: editor @ nnn.ng. Disclaimer.