By Olaitan Idris
Police charged Adewale, who resides at No.25 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Otta, Ogun State, with two counts of reckless driving and manslaughter.
Adewale, however, pleaded not guilty.
Prosecution attorney Inspector Adewale Sodiq told the court that the accused committed the offense on March 18 along Funsho Williams Avenue near Albati Barracks in Ojuelegba in Lagos.
The offense, he said, violated the provisions of Articles 18 and 20 of the Lagos State Road Traffic Act, 2012.
Magistrate OO Otitoju admitted the defendant to a bond of 500,000 naira, with two guarantors responsible for the same sum.
She ordered the prosecutor to send the case to the Director General of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.
Otitoju adjourned the case until April 22 (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yud
- Lawmaker lists obstacles to women’s empowerment
- Cooking gas prices rise in March – NBS
- AWF and Best Nature Photography announce call for nominations for Benjamin Mkapa African Wildlife Photography Awards
- Minister apologizes to Nigerians for power outages
- British Queen enters debate over Philip’s funeral outfits
- Police deploy 17,500 for LG Rivers election
- Russia, Ukraine hold military exercises, NATO responds
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling