Bridge Collapse: FRSC assures residents of prompt action
NNN: The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Kwara has assured residents of Okolowo, a community hosting the collapsed bridge linking Kwara to Oyo State, that it will make presentations to the relevant authorities for prompt action.
This is contained in a statement made available to the News of Nigeria in Ilorin on Friday.
The Kwara Sector Commander, Fredrick Ogidan, pleaded with residents and members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) to be patient over the matter.
Ogidan assured them that the FRSC would make presentations to relevant agencies and authorities for appropriate action on the bridge.
“The command’s attention was drawn to the collapsed bridge and we have made on the spot assessment of the collapse and damage.
“We assure residents and the union that brought the information to us, the NURTW, that we will inform the appropriate agencies; all we ask for is patience from the general motoring public,” he said.
According to the statement, the NURTW had earlier drawn the attention of the command to a collapsed Bridge at a location called Okolowo junction in Ilorin.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs