The National Center for Disease Control (NCDC) has recorded a new coronavirus case in Lagos. The Lagos state government confirmed the case which involves a Nigerian woman who arrived from the United Kingdom last Friday. Akin Abayomi, the Lagos State Commissioner of health, disclosed the development at a press conference, on Tuesday. The National Center for Disease Control said the patient developed symptoms during her 14-day self-isolation
“She is clinically stable & is being treated at Infectious Disease Hospital, Lagos,” the NCDC quoted the Minister as saying. The new case is presently the only case because the first two patients had fully recovered and been discharged.
The current case is independent of the index patient, an Italian who flew into Lagos on a Turkish Airline flight. The second patient was connected to the index patient.
Most Nigerians on social media have been calling on the government to close the airspace as a measure of control. A number of African countries have closed their borders including the banning of public gatherings. Nigeria has yet to announce any such measures.
Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country has been on high alert since the first case. Authorities especially in Lagos along with the disease control outfit, have been giving regular updates on developments.
Below is the link to the tweet.
The case is a Nigerian who returned to Lagos from UK & developed symptoms during her 14-day self-isolation
She is clinically stable & is being treated at Infectious Disease Hospital, Lagos pic.twitter.com/eRKAAx3JzK
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Nizzolo returns to Paris-Nice as Henao makes his debut for Team Qhubeka ASSOS
- Mozambique: presidential awards ceremony, virtual technical workshops to stimulate growth in all sectors
- Lebron James and Kevin Durant draft squad for 2021 NBA All-Star Game
- COVID-19 lockdowns threaten mental health of 332m children worldwide — UNICEF
- Canadian Minister Mary Ng to Virtually Deliver the Largest African Mining Event in North America
- Major Egyptian bank chooses Temenos to transform digital banking in Egypt
- COVID-19 vaccines sold for $ 1,200 cryptocurrency in black markets – Kaspersky Researchers
- America and Gay, Lesbianism, Others By Carl Umegboro