Brazil still on top, Argentina on the podium
Between the final qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, matches in the UEFA and Concacaf Nations Leagues, qualifiers for the Asian and African continental championships, and a host of friendly matches, international football has been missing since the last edition. of the FIFA/Coca-Cola Ranking in March.
During this period a total of 280 international meetings were held with significant ramifications in the Ranking: of the 211 countries that appear in the world ranking, 177 experienced movement.
Three months after snatching the top spot in the FIFA/Coca-Cola Ranking from Belgium (2nd, -), Brazil (1st, -) have widened the gap on their closest challenger. Argentina (3rd, plus 1) occupies the last of the podium places to the detriment of France (4th, minus 1), who have paid the price of four games without winning in the UEFA Nations League.
Spain (6th, plus 1), the Netherlands (8th, plus 2) and Denmark (10th, plus 1) advance in the Top 10, while Italy (7th, minus 1) and Portugal (9th, minus 1) head in the opposite direction. . For its part, Mexico (12th, minus 3) leaves the Top 10 completely.
With an increase of 11 places, Kazakhstan (114, plus 11) made the most progress in this edition. Cuba (167, plus 10), Greece (48, plus 7) and Malaysia (147, plus 7) also made notable gains. Kosovo (106, plus 1) and Comoros (126, plus 2) continue their ascent to once again reach all-time highs in the Ranking.
The next FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking will be published on August 25, 2022.
Click HERE (https://fifa.fans/3QDvCtQ) to see the full standings.
Leader Brazil (unchanged) Moves into the top 10 Denmark (10, plus 1) Drops out of the top 10 Mexico (12, minus 3) Games played in total 280 Most games played Mexico, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (6 each) Greatest movement of points Kazakhstan (plus 31.51)Most movement by places Kazakhstan (plus 11 places)Most drop by points Myanmar (minus 32.65)Most drop by places Egypt and Nepal (minus 8 places)Newly qualified teams NoneTeams that are no longer Ranked NoneInactive teams that are no longer ranked None
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family