Boro Day: Bayelsa legislator donates medical items, food stuffs to constituents
NNN: Mr Wisdom Fafi, a member of Bayelsa House of Assembly, representing Constituency 2, Kolokuma Opokuma Local Government Area, has donated motorcycles, foodstuffs and cash gifts to his constituents.
Fafi said the gesture, which also included the donation of medical items to health centres in the area, was part of the 2020 Boro Day celebrations in the area where the late Ijaw nationalist hails from.
Speaking during the occasion, Fafi explained that the gesture was because of his desire to further assist his people during this difficult moment occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic and in the spirit of Boro Day celebration.
He described late Maj. Isaac Boro as a selfless son of the area and the Ijaw nation at large who fought for the emancipation of his people.
The lawmaker called on Niger Delta people to uphold the virtues the late freedom fighter stood for.
The lawmaker thanked the people of his constituency for their steady support and urged them to also stand behind Gov. Douye Diri, who he said is determined to play his part in the realisation of the ‘Boro dream’.
Also speaking, Fafi’s wife, Ebimoboere, stated that the essence of the reach out was to identify with the people in their moment of need and pledged to always stand by them.
She appreciated them for supporting her husband and appealed to them not to relent, assuring that as a family they will always stand by them.
Responding, some of the beneficiaries thanked the lawmaker and his wife for their constant show of love.
Domo Karina who spoke on behalf of the beneficiaries urged other political office holders to emulate Fafi.
Motorcycles, foodstuffs and cash were distributed to beneficiaries selected across the constituency.
Also, infrared thermometers were donated to four health centres in the area to strengthen the surveillance for the COVID-19.
Edited Kamal Tayo Oropo/Obike Ukoh
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family