By Yakubu Uba
The Minister of Defense, the retired Major-General. Bashir Magashi, congratulated the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole fighting the insurgents in the northeast of the country, saying that President Muhammadu Buhari appreciated their performance.
Magashi praised Sunday while addressing troops at the theater command headquarters in Maiduguri.
“Let me start by thanking you all for the work you have done.
“The work you have done is greatly appreciated by our Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, and he said that we should come here and talk to you to continue the effort,” Magashi said.
The Minister, who noted the injuries and loss of life of some staff members during the mission, assured them that their losses would not be in vain.
He observed that the Nigerian military has distinguished itself in various operations across the world and that of the insurgency would be no different.
“You are doing your best and we recognize it.
“You have already been baptized, all you have to do is find the enemy and bring him to his knees.
“We have the resources, the equipment to improve your level and the training to be able to do this good job.
“We will continue to improve your well-being, your benefits and everything owed to you.
“Very soon, we will be embarking on recruiting additional soldiers and officers so that we can improve the size of our armed forces.
“Your commanders will brief you with further details on what we have discussed with them,” Magashi said.
The defense minister, who also spoke to reporters during his visit to assess the fighting spirit of the troops, urged reporters to be patriotic in their reporting on the military.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the minister’s entourage included the Chief of the Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor; Chief of Staff of the Army, Lieutenant General. Ibrahim Attahiru and Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Ishiaka Amao.
The minister and his team also visited wounded soldiers in the 7th Division of Gospital. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yW3
- Pfizer, Moderna vaccines 94% effective – CDC study
- Imminent food crisis: young farmers recommend emergency food security plan
- Nigeria’s security challenges surmountable, says Gov. Fayemi
- Police not Nigeria’s problem – Sen. Dickson
- Transition: We’ll lend helping hand, Buhari tells Chad
- Team Nigeria on course to qualify for Tokyo Olympics relay races —- George
- Eid-el-Fitr: Foundation distributes food items to widows, orphans in Kaduna
- WHO cautions on excessive speed to reduce road accidents
- Egypt receives second shipment of 1.77 million COVID-19 vaccines via COVAX Facility