The 10 women from the central region were greeted by Avengers at the Busambaga field in Entebbe with a total of 8 teams participating. The Black Pearls suffered their first loss to a determined Avengers team in the final stop of the URU Central Women’s 10s. Despite the loss, the Black Pearls were crowned champions of the central region while the Avengers were the winners of the third stage.
We were honored by the presence of the elected Member of Parliament for the Municipality of Entebbe, the Hon. Michael Kakembo aka Mbwatekamwa who appreciated the teams for their sportsmanship during and after the tournaments. “I am very happy to have had the chance to watch women’s rugby in my region and I am committed to supporting the efforts of all stakeholders to make this match safe and secure.” -Hon Michael Kakembo. He also noted that he is aware of the land grabbers who are planning to take the land where the rugby pitch is located and has promised to protect the sport at all costs.
The Blue Whales became the overall champions of the 10 central women of rank B, while the Black Diamonds won the third stage of rank B.
The Eastern Region final circuit concluded with an awards ceremony for the most valued players, the upcoming players and the regional winner. The Mbale Eagles were crowned the overall winners of the Eastern Region’s Top 10 Women. Nabalayo Christine from Nyondo (MVP round 2), Namalemba Habiba from Bumageni (MVP round 3), Gamisa Mariam from Mbale Eagles (next player round 1), Ngiro Patricia (next player round 2) and Nambuya Sandra from Nyondo were the other winners of the day.
The Northern region will have its last circuit in Gulu organized by Gulu Sprinters on the 8the May 2021. Lira Matrix, Aduku Tigers, Kitgum Queens and Gulu Sprinters are the teams that will participate in this circuit.
Central region prices:
MVP level B- Nakato Mary of Black Diamonds RFC
MVP level A– Avengers Peace Lekuru
Winner Round 3 Tier B– Black diamonds
Winner Round 3 Tier A-Avengers
A level central region champions – Black pearls
Level B Central Region Champions-Blue whale
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zq7
- Foundation to train youths on web development
- Social media restrictions lifted in Ethiopia — NetBlocks
- The Canada-Africa Chamber of Commerce welcomes Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard to its main advisory board
- EU, US reach truce in steel tariff dispute
- German Africa Energy Forum in Hamburg to kick-start Africa’s economic transformation
- NEMA warns of probable flood in 10 C/River areas
- Rape: Centre advises parents to pay adequate attention to children
- NLC begins 5-day warning strike in Kaduna State
- Police debunk report of attack on Modakeke Town