By Hajara Leman
No fewer than 668 workers in Gombe State have been suspended from the payroll following the commencement of the implementation of biometrics.
Magaji said the affected workers did not show up for verification after the commencement of the enrolment, hence their suspension from the payroll.
The commissioner said 431 workers from the 84 ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) of the state were affected.
According to him, in Gombe LG, a total of 103 staff didn’t show up for the biometrics comprising 44 LG staff and 59 LEA staff.
“In Akko, 134 workers comprising 83 LG staff and 51 LEA staff were affected and had been taken out of the payroll,” he said.
Magaji said N31.18 million, N3.19 million and N3.94 million were saved from the suspension from the state’s MDAs, Gombe LG and Akko LG respectively.
He added that the total workforce of both the state and local government was 67, 000.
He said all workers in the 84 MDAs of the state had been enrolled in the biometrics machines and their biometrics information captured as well as all LG and LEA workers in Gombe and Akko LGs.
The commissioner explained that the exercise would continue until the remaining nine local government areas were captured and the state effectively covered.
Magaji said, “If you have been suspended for three months and you don’t show up, you are deleted; it means you are not a staff and you do not exist.” (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zmi
- Children now more interested in entertainment than reading – Akpokeneme
- ECOWAS Court women’s forum share food items to indigents in FCT
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking