Ekweremadu in his remark said it was important for the details of the bill to be provided to senators for an informed debate and inputs.
He said the call for detailed information on the bill was hinged on the outcry arising from the presentation of a similar one in the House of Representatives.
President of Senate, Ahmad Lawan consequently asked the Clerk of Senate, Nelson Aywoh to distribute copies of the bill to the senators.
Lawan, in his remarks, advised Nigerians to continue to adhere strictly to the preventive measures of COVID-19 as prescribed by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) and health experts to avoid spread of the pandemic.
Earlier, Senate also referred confirmation of nominations of Dr Frederick Ekwem (Imo)and Dr Jonah Madugu (Abia)as Commissioners for Federal Civil Service Commission to its Committee on Establishment and Public Service for further legislative inputs.
The Committee is to report back to plenary in four weeks.
Similarly, it referred the confirmation of seven other nominations by President Muhammadu Buhari for appointment as members of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission to its Committee on Establishment.
It further referred confirmation of nominations of 38 persons for appointment as Chairman and members of Federal Character Commission to Committee on Federal Character and report back in four weeks.
Senate at plenary adopted the amended report of ad-hoc committee on Nigerian Security Challenges on urgent need to restructure, review and reorganise current security architecture in the country .
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Sadiya Hamza (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3bK7
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking
- Eid-el-Fitr: FRSC deploys 1,820 personnel in Kano State
- Ramadan: Tambuwal urges Islamic scholars to continue praying for Nigeria, Buhari