By Ikechukwu Iweajunwa
Just 48 hours after unidentified gunmen attacked the police command in Imo, bandits once again razed the police division in Ehime / Mbano in the state, torching vehicles on Tuesday.
Police spokesman in Imo, SP Orlando Ikeokwu, confirmed the attack on the police division to the Nigeria News Agency (NAN).
NAN recalls that the police headquarters and the Imo correctional center were attacked by strangers on Sunday, while some inmates escaped in the wake.
However, the PPRO said no lives were lost in the latest attack.
“Yes, I can confirm to you that the police premises were attacked today by bandits.
“No police casualties, no loss of weapons but three vehicles were set on fire in the process,” he said.
NAN reports that the attack brought the number of destroyed police facilities in the state to five between February and April.
These are Obowo, Aboh-Mbaise, Ihite Uboma, Isiala Mbano and Ehime Mbano as well as the state police headquarters. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yEB
- NANNM seeks better wellness program for nurses
- Minister FCT honors traffic controller
- The FG reconstitutes the boards of directors of NABTEB, NSSEC
- SEC accuses traders of frustrating electronic dividend registration
- Correctional center controller recommends amnesty for some inmates
- Society defines May 5 as National Bible Day
- SEC instructs CMOs to update investor information
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- FG distributes inputs to 7,500 women farmers