Baker solicits support for export of “chin-chin”to earn more forex
NNN: A confectioner, Mrs Solape Adio, has solicited support for bakers to mass produce ‘Chin-Chin’, a popular Nigerian pastry, for export to earn more forex for the country.
A Nigerian traditional snack popularly known as Chinchin
Adio, Managing Director of Rosalitas, told the Nigeria News Agency on Sunday in Lagos that bakers should strive to prioritise value addition in pastries so as to extend the shelf life of their products.
According to the entrepreneur, Chin-Chin has a shelf life of about one-month, adding that efforts are on to prolong the shelf life for export.
She added that since the product “is a flour integrated produce which is a common raw material all over Africa, it had high chances of acceptability overseas.
“Exporting Chin-Chin to the international market is one of our major goals with Africa taking the centre stage.
“The Nigerian consumer should dwell heavily on our minds and as producers of consumables, we need to give them value, quality and variety of choices locally and pan Africa,” Adio said.
The confectioner, makers of “Nibblet Chin-Chin”, told NAN that the pastry snack was already available at supermarkets and other smaller retail outlets in across Nigeria.
“This is another way of creating employment because with the popularity of Chin-Chin, our youths can come in as re-sellers and earn money on a daily basis,’’ she said.
Edited & Vetted By: Emmanuel Okara/Wale Ojetimi
- UN-Habitat, ESCWA highlight the importance of data collection and monitoring in improving the resilience of Arab cities
- Abuja fans express disappointment over Super Falcons’ poor performance against South Africa
- Kenya: President Kenyatta Assures of Conducive Investment Environment
- Super Falcons unfazed inspite of loss to South Africa, says Coach Waldrum
- Win against Nigeria crucial to our title ambition, says South Africa’s coach
- Libya: new suspected mass graves found in Tarhuna, says UN human rights probe
- Paucity of funds delays development of education in Katsina State – Official
- Borno inaugurates committee on repatriation, management of repentant insurgents
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State
- Army restates resolve to checkmate proliferation of small arms, light weapons
- Nadal swats away Dutchman Van de Zandschulp to march into quarters
- Presidential Amnesty boss woos N/Delta Diaspora to invest at home
- Saudi Exports Hosts 80 Egyptian and Nigerian Importers
- 2023: Sani picks El-Rufai’s deputy, Balarabe, as running mate
- Hoodlums attack lawmakers, injured 6, damage cars in Bauchi
- Enugu fans express dismay over Super Falcon 2-1 loss to S/Africa
- Lagos govt partners Ebony Life Academy to train 119 youths in filmmaking
- 2023: Focus on candidates’ antecedents, not religion leaning, Group urges Nigerians
- Encomiums pour in for Olu Jacobs at 80
- Borno PDP crisis deepens, as faction suspends legal adviser, others