Kurz said this at a press conference in Vienna on Friday.
Polymun Scientific, a company specializing in the production of lipid nanoparticles for the BioNtech / Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, would increase production from more than 15 million to 20 million doses for the EU by the summer, Kurz said.
“I am happy that we were able to ensure the distribution of five million additional doses with the help of the EU and therefore 100,000 additional doses of vaccination for us in Austria,” he said.
He noted that Austria is still waiting for the “ketchup bottle effect” – in other words, enough doses to vaccinate as many people as possible quickly.
He also explained that his Thursday meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his Danish counterpart Mette Frederiksen focused on the joint production of vaccines for years to come.
According to him, all that helps in this phase is good, because it is not a question of geopolitical questions, but of “how to save as many lives as possible and get back to normal as quickly as possible”. (Xinhua / NAN)
I like loading …
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yck
- Coronavirus – Gambia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Turkey bans payments with cryptocurrencies
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (April 15, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Rugby sevens match officials revealed for Tokyo Olympics 100 days to go
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- The Qhubeka ASSOS team drawn for the Amstel Gold Race
- Avian flu: the association urges the government. increase surveillance