The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) expressed its deepest sympathy and condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of three people killed today in an attack on a delegation visiting the field in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
A number of other passengers traveling with the delegation were injured in the attack.
The delegation was on its way from Goma to visit a WFP school feeding program in Rutshuru when the incident occurred.
WFP will work with national authorities to determine the details of the attack, which occurred on a road that had previously been permitted to travel without a security escort.
- Facebook launches ‘LeadHERs: Life Lessons From African Women’ – a book highlighting women leaders from across Africa
- World Rugby has made the difficult decision to recommend the postponement of the 2021 Rugby World Cup, which is due to take place in New Zealand from September 18 to October 16, until next year.
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- The Qhubeka ASSOS team excites by igniting the Samyn
- Club Swan offers an alternative solution to buy crypto in Africa
- WFP calls for solution to fuel shortages in Yemen threatening to worsen widespread food insecurity
- Health center rehabilitated, mobile clinics deployed to support the refugee crisis in eastern Sudan
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (March 1, 2021)
- Statement by UNICEF Nigeria Representative Peter Hawkins on the release of abducted schoolgirls in Jangebe, Zamfara State, Nigeria
- UNHCR to relocate thousands of Central African refugees to safer places