The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) expressed its deepest sympathy and condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of three people killed today in an attack on a delegation visiting the field in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
A number of other passengers traveling with the delegation were injured in the attack.
The three dead were identified as Italian Ambassador to DRC Luca Attanasio, an Italian embassy official and a WFP driver.
The delegation was on its way from Goma to visit a WFP school feeding program in Rutshuru when the incident occurred.
WFP will work with national authorities to determine the details of the attack, which occurred on a road that had previously been permitted to travel without a security escort.
WFP is in close contact with the Italian authorities through its offices at its headquarters in Rome and the DRC.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3y4r
- NSF: Edo wins men’s team event in gymnastics
- How Kogi handles security challenges — Bello
- Amaechi urges contractors to hasten Lagos-Ibadan rail project
- Prince Philip’s funeral to be held on April 17 – Buckingham Palace
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 84 new infections from 13 States
- Gov. Buni losses grandmother – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- Sanwo-Olu pledges to intensify support for Lagos City Marathon
- NSF: Kwara picks 3 medals in Darts
- UNwomen train 120 Gender Based Violence