The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) expressed its deepest sympathy and condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of three people killed today in an attack on a delegation visiting the field in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
A number of other passengers traveling with the delegation were injured in the attack.
The delegation was on its way from Goma to visit a WFP school feeding program in Rutshuru when the incident occurred.
WFP will work with national authorities to determine the details of the attack, which occurred on a road that had previously been permitted to travel without a security escort.
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (February 23, 2021)
- Raubenheimer satisfied with Bok Women’s progress
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- The first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were delivered to Ghana via COVAX
- The Government of Pakistan and the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation signed an annual financing plan amounting to US $ 1.1 billion
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- NaturalShrimp Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Aquaculture Assets from Hydrenesis Aquaculture, LLC