NAN reports that the arm wrestlers competed in the 62kg -73kg, 80k -90kg and 94kg-100kg for the male participants, while the females competed in the 60kg- 90kg and 80kg-100kg, with winner in each category going home with N100,000.
“This is a unique opportunity for us to once again come together as a federation, and we are so happy to organise the championships.
“We are, therefore, using this opportunity to scout and prepare for credible arm wrestlers who can compete with top athletes from other parts of Africa,” he said.
Jackson said that the federation was doing its best to be recognised by the Federal Ministry of Sports, having been on the field, selflessly steering the ship in the last 10 years.
According to him, the federation hopes to feature as a non-scoring sport at the National Sports Festival coming up in Asaba later in the year.
Becky Ademoh from Kogi state, who participated in the 92kg for females, described her experience in the competition as worthwhile, saying it was long overdue.
“It’s a game of strength and determination, and indeed, I’m glad to participate in the event, as I look forward to the bigger one coming up in July,” Ademoh said.
Another participant, Ilesanmi Oshideko from Lagos, said that the competition would afford the contestants the opportunity to showcase their talents.
He expressed confidence that he would excel in the competition so that he could have the opportunity of competing in the bigger event coming up in July.
- PDP Primary: Stakeholders urge NWC to respect will of Anambra people
- Fashola seeks public collaboration on road safety, infrastructure protection
- APC constitutes 61-member campaign council for Ekiti State governorship election
- If elected, I will implement a blue print for the immediate growth of Delta – APC female aspirant
- Environmentalists fault EU’s alternative to Russian Gas instead of renewables
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door