Assassin’s Creed Mirage Release Date Announced
Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed Mirage will launch on October 12 for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. The game, which is set 20 years before the latest installment in the franchise, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, will take players back to 861 AD Baghdad and follows the journey of Basim Ibn Ishaq as he becomes an assassin.
During the May 2023 PlayStation Showcase on May 24, a brand-new gameplay trailer for the upcoming game was unveiled. The trailer showcased Basim taking on new enemies and using new abilities, such as the Pole Vault, to traverse the environment.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is the 13th game in the franchise and will see Ubisoft returning to the original framework of a smaller environment with stealth action as the main focus of combat. Earlier this year, the game’s creative director, Stéphane Boudonwith, said that the game will be a “tightly crafted, narrative-driven” experience rather than an open-world game like Valhalla, Odyssey, and Origins, so players can expect a “more driven and linear” game.
The official game description reads, “In Assassin’s Creed Mirage, you are Basim, a cunning street thief with nightmarish visions, seeking answers and justice. After an act of deadly retribution, Basim flees Baghdad and joins an ancient organization — The Hidden Ones. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed — one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.”
Assassin’s Creed Mirage is coming to PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Fans of the franchise can mark their calendars for October 12.
In other gaming news, Konami has announced the remake of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is officially on the way. The developer also confirmed the Metal Gear Solid Master Collection, which will bring the original versions of Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3 to “current platforms” in Autumn this year.
- Vancouver Whitecaps draw 1-1 with Sporting Kansas City as disallowed goal and offside calls cause frustration
- Svitolina Battles to Reach Quarterfinals at French Open
- Betting Options for Game 2 of the NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. Denver Nuggets
- Viktor Hovland Wins Memorial Tournament in Dramatic Fashion
- Man Arrested at Wembley Over Hillsborough-Related Football Jersey
- Ange Postecoglou looks to take Celtic staff with him to Tottenham
- AC Milan’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic Retires from Football at 41
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Announces Retirement from Football at 41
- Aaron Judge out of Yankees starting lineup for series finale vs Dodgers due to foot soreness
- Rory McIlroy’s Meltdown at The Memorial Sparks Discussion Among Golf Fans