By Polycarp Auta
The Plateau Police Command confirmed the murder of six people by armed men in the community of Wereng, in the area of the local government of Riyom.
According to Ogaba, the incident happened Thursday evening at a landing stage.
“The command is aware of the unfortunate attack on a beer bar in the Wereng village of Riyom, where six people were killed.
“The police commissioner, Mr. Edward Egbuka, condemned the incident and ordered the zone commander to relocate to the community.
“More staff have been deployed to ensure that normalcy is restored and to prevent another breach of law and order in the village,” he said.
He said the command opened an investigation to unravel the circumstances behind the attack and to get the perpetrators to record.
He called on the residents of the community to respect the law and provide any information that could lead to the arrest of the criminals to the security agencies. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3ySD
- #EndSARS: Insurance companies pay N4bn claims – NIA
- NCDC confirms 28 new COVID-19 infections in Nigeria
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 6, 2021)
- Manchester United cruise into Europa League final, Arsenal slump
- Mining Indaba expands advisory board for 2022
- Kogi Gov., Bello commiserates with Pastor Adeboye over son’s demise
- Angolan Petroleum Agency to host question and answer sessions for next application cycle
- FG inaugurates committees on National Policy on welding
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)