There are limited White Collar jobs, acquire skills– NYSC D-G advises corps members
NNN: The Director-General of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig.-Gen. Mohammad Fadah, has advised corps members to avail themselves of the opportunity of the Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAID) and learn a skill.
According to him, this will prepare them to be self-reliant post- NYSC.
Fadah, who resumed office May 15, 2022, gave the advice on Thursday on his first visit to the NYSC Lagos state, while addressing the 2022 Batch B, Stream 1 in the NYSC Temporary Orientation Camp in Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos.
He also urged the corps members to apply the Dos and stay away from all Don’ts of the of the orientation camp.
According to him, the guidelines which are spelt out in the handbooks given to them have don’ts which are absolute with no and zero tolerance to cultism, drug abuse and negative use of social media among others.
“As good children, you have to adhere strictly to the camp by doing all the Dos and staying away completely from all the Don’ts as you are observing this orientation programmes.
“Movement anyhow in and outside the camp is not encouraged, don’t do it, but if you must and have cause for such, take necessary permission from the camp.
“There are no ‘White collar’ jobs out there, that is the reason for the Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAID), and you identify the one you want to learn.
“Take it very seriously. It is an additional knowledge, so that you can have something to practice, take home and fall back on after the one year mandatory service to the fatherland,” he said.
The NYSC D-G expressed gratitude to the Lagos State Government (LASG) for the immense support to the NYSC in Lagos.
“I really thank the LASG for its unflinching support to NYSC, Lagos, particularly for the smooth conduct of the orientation camp programmes for corps members deployed here,” he said.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs