The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) says it is the best option to form the next national government in view of current economic and security challenges facing the country.
Its National Chairman, Dr Victor Oye, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Awka on Friday, that APGA-is the only welfare-oriented party.
He challenged Nigerians to shun the “so-called big parties that have short-changed and divided them.
“APGA-has worked seriously to position itself as the party to beat in the next general elections.
“This is in spite the fact that the rush for its tickets is not as much as what obtains in the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).’’
When the time comes, Nigerians will know that APGA-is the best party to save Nigeria, Oye said.
“We are a people-oriented political party with a clear-cut welfare ideology; we are focused.
“Our programmes are targeted at lifting people from poverty to prosperity; we have moved from one-time regional party to a real national party with good results,’’ he said.
Oye decried the insecurity and wanton killings in every part of the country.
The chairman said social dislocation in the Southeast as a result of poverty, unemployment, and exclusion was unacceptable and stressed that killing under any guise was neither acceptable nor justifiable.
He noted that human life was sacred and should be protected as nobody should take life, adding that the rule of law should be allowed to run its course.
“What is happening in the Southeast is strange; our people are not known for cannibalism and violence; it crept in from nowhere.
“I am confident that it will come to an end one day because nothing lasts forever. I am not a security expert, but know that God will intervene.
“We call on all to sheathe their swords, embrace one another and work together as one people for the unity of this country.
“We should know that life is sacred and nobody has the licence to take the life of another,’’ Oye stressed.
- If elected, I will implement a blue print for the immediate growth of Delta – APC female aspirant
- Environmentalists fault EU’s alternative to Russian Gas instead of renewables
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation