APC Primaries: Osinbajo meets Zamfara delegates in Gusau
NNN: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, a leading Presidential Aspirant of All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 general elections, on Saturday in Gusau held a closed-door meeting with Zamfara delegates.
The Vice President who fielded questions from newsmen shortly after the meeting, said he had held a fruitful consultation ahead of the party primaries.
He said he also had a fruitful discussions with other party members on matters that concern the unity of the APC in the state.
The Vice President expressed delight over the warm reception accorded him on arrival by members of the APC in the state.
Osinbajo also held a meeting with the Zamfara state Council of Chiefs, led by the Emir of Anka, Alhaji Attahiru Ahmed.
Addressing the Vice President, Ahmed reiterated an earlier appeal to the federal government to provide constitutional role to traditional rulers.
Ahmed said providing the traditional rulers a constitutional role would promote peace and security in their domains and law and order in the entire country.
He urged the federal government to provide more support to the state government to end the lingering security challenges in Zamfara.
The Emir appealed to the government to provide farming and agricultural input for farmers as the wet reason sets in.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Vice President was received on arrival by Gov. Bello Matawalle, former governor, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari, former and serving members of the National Assembly from the state as well as top politicians from the state. (
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA