APC constitutes 61-member campaign council for Ekiti State governorship election
NNN: The All Progressives Congress (APC) has constituted a 61-member Ekiti State Governorship Campaign Council to be chaired by Gov. Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi.
Alhaji Sulaiman Argungu, the party’s National Organising Secretary, announced this in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.
According to the statement, Deputy President of the Senate, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege, Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo, Gov. Yahaya Bello of Kogi, Gov. Simon Lalong of Pleatue and Gov. Hope Uzodinma of Imo are all members of the council.
The statement added that Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River and Babatunde Fashola, the Minister of Works and Housing, and Adeniyi Adebayo, Minister of Trade and Investment, are also mrmbers of the 61-member council.
Argungu said the council would be inaugurated by Sen. Abdullahi Adamu, the APC National Chairnan, on Monday, May 23, at the party’s national secretariat.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Ekiti State governorship election is scheduled for June 18, with Biodun Oyebanji as APC candidate for the election.
- The International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation Unveils the Annual Development Effectiveness Report (ADER) Titled ‘Towards a Resilient Trade’
- Euro slumps as recession risk stalks eurozone
- UAE Ambassador to Cape Verde presents his credentials
- Vertiv Strengthens EMEA Leadership Team with New Promotions
- Four-star Botswana see off Burundi in debutants match up
- South Africa: Abandoned Coal Mines Risk Safety, Rights
- Sallah: FRSC to deploy breathalysers – FRSC
- UN-Habitat, ESCWA highlight the importance of data collection and monitoring in improving the resilience of Arab cities
- Abuja fans express disappointment over Super Falcons’ poor performance against South Africa
- Kenya: President Kenyatta Assures of Conducive Investment Environment
- Super Falcons unfazed inspite of loss to South Africa, says Coach Waldrum
- Win against Nigeria crucial to our title ambition, says South Africa’s coach
- Libya: new suspected mass graves found in Tarhuna, says UN human rights probe
- Paucity of funds delays development of education in Katsina State – Official
- Borno inaugurates committee on repatriation, management of repentant insurgents
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State
- Army restates resolve to checkmate proliferation of small arms, light weapons
- Nadal swats away Dutchman Van de Zandschulp to march into quarters
- Presidential Amnesty boss woos N/Delta Diaspora to invest at home
- Saudi Exports Hosts 80 Egyptian and Nigerian Importers