Echeng, however, warned that the police would be steadfast and decisive in dealing with the troublemakers.
He said the command would begin a show of force on Friday to restore public confidence.
He said residents of the state had nothing to fear when it came to voting on election day.
The police chief said he had done enough groundwork, working with sister security agencies, to shift the relative peace the state currently enjoys.
“It is exactly eight days before the very important election of Governor of Anambra. We all have our roles to play.
“As soon as I took office, we embarked on threat analysis and intelligence gathering through strategic personnel deployment.
“We have also initiated strategic engagement with sister security agencies, including the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps and state watch groups.
“On the election, I assure you of tight security and round-the-clock policing to ensure that no security breaches of any kind occur.
“Our deployment is functional and focused, all aimed at ensuring security before, during and after the election.
“The media, as critical stakeholders, are encouraged to communicate effectively about incidents as they unfold.
“From tomorrow you will see us in the streets.
“We will dominate the space and this is to assure citizens that they are safe to come and vote without fear.
“We will be courteous to them, but to the troublemakers, we will be steadfast and decisive towards anyone who comes out to disturb people in carrying out their civic duties,” Echeng said.
He congratulated the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Usman Baba, for providing the logistics, including the massive deployment of men and machines, necessary for the efficient execution of the task.
“The assets have been deployed.
“He has a psychological attachment to this exercise and whatever we asked for, he provided us including a helicopter, gunboats and enough vehicles for an effective patrol,” Echeng said.
The Nigerian News Agency reports that the IGP deployed 34,000 people to provide security for the election. (www.)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Dzz
- Mozambique conference calls for revival of fishing communities
- Complement your education with skills acquisition, NYSC boss charges corps members
- CEMAC Ministers Endorse African Energy Week 2022
- UNICEF and Liquid Intelligent Technologies launch a partnership to help Giga bridge the digital divide in Africa
- Nigeria, Chad to partner on power interconnection –Minister
- Prof. Florence Obi: Celebrating 1 year of an Icon in office
- Minister decries lack of improved cocoa seedlings
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi