MOGADISHU, Somalia, October 22, 2021 / APO Group / –
The police component of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) conducted training for Somali security personnel and officials in HirShabelle State to enhance joint coordination to secure parliamentary and presidential elections in country.
Last month, AMISOM’s police component, together with the Somali Police Force, unveiled Joint Operations Centers (JOCs) to coordinate with various security agencies to protect the elections.
AMISOM is currently training security personnel from federal member states to operate under JOCs. The training has already taken place in the South West State and the Banadir region.
At least 20 HirShabelle state officials underwent a six-day training course in Beletweyne on Wednesday. The training was conducted by trainers from AMISOM and SPF with support from the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS).
AMISOM Police Commander in Beletweyne, Major Ebenezer Benson, said the training matched AMISOM’s role of supporting the SPF as part of the National Election Security Working Group.
“The SPF is at the forefront and AMISOM will advise on the elections,” said Major Benson. He asked the police personnel to apply the knowledge acquired during the training.
Hir Shabelle’s state security ministry director general Mukhtar Mohamed Abdullahi asked security personnel to perform their duties during the elections.
“You are resilient and have completed high-level training. We hope you will perform your duties with integrity, ”said Abdullahi.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Djw
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22