By Lucy Ogalue
Transport Minister Rotimi Amaechi urged the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) to speed up work on the Lagos-Ibadan railway line project.
Amaechi, who said this during the inspection of the project in Lagos on Saturday, added that the company is committed to completing it by the end of April.
He said: “Most of the remaining things are minor and it cannot delay the movement of goods. They promised to finish by the end of the month. I believe them, but I want them to repeat it. “
He said that while the company has shown its commitment to the project, there is still a long way to go to meet the target completion date.
“When we start the Ibadan-Kano rail it will be a different ball game and we will make sure they stick to the plan.
“For Ibadan in Kano, everyone has to follow the work plan in terms of payment, construction, inspection and everything.”
The minister said the current pace of work could delay the inauguration of the project which was scheduled for April.
“If you look at the level of work, we can’t ask the president to order it, but the ones we give the CCECC a set time, I know they’re going to accelerate.
“There are a few things that they still have to put in place, but it is taking a while for them to do it. Some of these items shouldn’t take more than a day or two to put in place; so i’m not that worried.
Regarding the Ibadan – Kano project, the minister explained that it depended on the disbursement of the loan by China EximBank. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJc
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala
- Managing mental health conditions among army officers
- Infant, two others die in gas explosion in Ogun
- Uzodimma dissolves cabinet, sacks 20 commissioners
- We don’t demand money from job seekers, NDLEA warns applicants
- VC assures of infrastructure development in UNICAL