The Kaduna Zone Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, arrested an Abdulrahim Dangana on Monday before Judge Darius Khobo of the High Court of Kaduna State, Kaduna, on a count bordering on the ‘obtained by a false pretext.
Mr. Dangana, reveals the investigation, recorded on a gay / bisexual hookup app called Grindr and the A4A website, using aliases: RYAN, DAVE, FRANK and ERIC.
He used the fake profiles to form romantic relationships with gay people and after establishing what appears to be an authentic relationship with his victims, he tricks them into sending him nude photos, which he ultimately uses to blackmail them and extort them by means of gift cards and bitcoins which he converts into naira using his bank accounts and electronic wallets.
The charge reads as follows: “That you Abdulrahim Dangana” m “between January and September 2021 in Kaduna, within the jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, with the intention of defrauding, have obtained the total sum of $ 8,420.00 only to innocent victims when you falsely portrayed yourself as a white homosexual on the Grindr app (an online app) and purportedly blackmailed them into exposing them to their families and their families. relatives by claiming that you knew to be false and thus committed an offense contrary to Section 1 (1) (a) of the Advance Fraud and Other Fraud-Related Offenses Act 2006 punishable under article 1 (3) of the same law ”.
The suspect pleaded not guilty to the charge when it was read to him.
Following his plea, prosecution attorney Nasiru Salele asked the court to set a date for the trial, but defense attorney Solomon Otuwaga urged the court to release his client on bail.
Judge Khobo then granted the defendant a bond in the amount of N 1,000,000.00 and a bond of a similar amount who must reside in Kaduna with a valid identification (ID).
The case was adjourned until December 2, 2021.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DpP
- Production of battery materials in the Democratic Republic of the Congo could reduce supply chain emissions and add value to the country’s cobalt
- The Ecobank Group obtains a line of credit of 100 million euros from the European Investment Bank to finance SMEs
- Huawei CloudCampus revolutionizes network management on campuses around the world
- Huawei: Fastest Growing Leader in Gartner’s 2021 Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage
- The oil and natural gas industry supports the CEMAC Business Energy Forum in Congo, Brazzaville
- The draw for the FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2021 ™ will take place on 29 November
- During the latest edition of the IATF in Durban, South Africa, the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC) organized two side events, under the AATB program, to share its vision and programs aimed at accelerating trade across the African continent.
- 27 ships unload petroleum products and other items in the ports of Lagos – NPA
- Nuclear talks with Iran ended ‘inconclusively’, says IAEA chief
- Nigeria Air will take off in April 2022, says Sirika
- Senate gets into leadership crisis at NIEPA
- Technip Energies Senegal National Director Confirmed as Keynote Speaker at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021 Conference and Exhibition
- Apple sues Israeli spyware maker for targeting its users
- UN special envoy for Yemen Hans Grundberg concludes his visit to Cairo
- Drought threatens millions in Somalia as government declares state of emergency