NNN: A Federal High Court in Lagos will on Oct. 22 begin trial of popular Nigerian Musician, Azeez Fashola a.k.a Naira Marley, facing fraud charges.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had preferred an 11-count charge against the musician bordering on conspiracy, possession of counterfeit cards, and fraud.
Also mentioned in the charge is one Yad Isril, who is said to still be at large.
The “Am I a Yahoo Boy” musician, was arraigned on May 20 before Justice Nicholas Oweibo, but denied the charges.
Following a bail application by defence counsel, Mr Olalekan Ojo, (SAN), the court had granted Fashola bail in the sum of N2 million with sureties in like sum.
The trial of the defendant, which was earlier fixed for Monday, has now been shifted to Oct. 22 (tommorow) as the court did not sit.
However, both the defence and prosecution counsel were present and seen in the court’s premises.
According to the charge, the defendant allegedly committed the offences on different dates between Nov. 26, 2018, Dec.11, 2018, and May 10,
The charge reads that Fashola and his accomplices conspired to use different Access Bank ATM Cards to defraud their victims.
It said that the defendant allegedly used Access Card number 662 issued to another persons, in a bid to obtain fraudulent financial gains.
He was said to have possessed these counterfeit credit cards, belonging to different cardholders, with intent to defraud, and which also constituted theft.
The offences contravene the provisions of Section 1 23 (1) (b), 27 (1}, 33, 33(9) Cyber Crime (Prohibition) Prevention Act, 2015.
Edited by Bayo Sekoni
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs
- Peace: Sen. Akwashiki donates N10m to CAN
- Army regular intake to screen 1,560 in Zamfara
- Ten takeaways from State Visit to Portugal: Two Nations and the will for strategic partnership – Garba Shehu
- 2023: NYSC advises corps members to comply with rules of elections
- I’ll provide leadership for medical community, says NMA FCT Chairmanship aspirant
- Police arrest 3 suspects for alleged rape, forceful initiation of girl into cult group
- Communiqué of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission on the Situation in Libya
- Retirement: Staff, friends of National Hospital Abuja laud outgoing CMD
- UNICEF applauds release of over 50 abducted children in Ondo
- Security consultant advises Nigerians to know their neighbours
- MSF calls for urgent humanitarian response in Borno
- World Sports Press Day 2022: Message from the President of ANOCA
- Financial experts attribute decline in living standards to high inflation rate
- UFC: Sunday Dare Congratulates Israel Adesanya on Another Successful Title Defence