Alimosho Senior Grammer School emerges Lagos State SEA-Hub Champion of the Year
NNN: Alimoso Senior Grammer School on Friday emerged the winner of Lagos State (SEA-Hub) Student Entrepreneurship Activity Hub Champion of the year 2022.
The school emerged the winner in a competition tagged “Lagos State SEA-Hub Competition” where 10 Lagos State Secondary Schools participated in showcasing their entrepreneurship skills.
Alimosho Senior Grammer School also won the Most Innovative SEA-Hub Business while the Best Use of Technology award was won by Abesan Senior High School, Alimosho.
The category for the Most Creative Business Start-Up Plan (With little or no capital, savings culture, records keeping) was won by Alimosho Senior Grammer School.
The Best Team in Exhibition was won by Jakande Estate Comprehensive Senior College, the first runner-up was Abesan Senior High School, Alimosho with Meiran Community Senior High School taking to the third position.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that SEA-Hub is an initiative of the programme Pro-Poor Growth and Promotion of Employment (SEDIN) which was implemented German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ).
GIZ is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal Government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
Speaking on the importance of the competition, Mr. Marcus Wauschkuhn, Head of Programme at GIZ said the SEA-Hub intervention has reached close to 30,000 students across the country.
He said: “This competition today serves as an opportunity for young people to be part of nation-building and begin to reimagine the future they deserve.
“Specifically, the competition is expected to create sustainability for SEA-Hub intervention, showcase the entrepreneurship ingenuity of SEA-Hub students, and to provide recognition to these young people and their schools for their effort and creativity.
“It is our hope that with this event and strengthened partnership with all our invaluable partners, we can continue to work together in Lagos State to build an inclusive and sustainable future for our young entrepreneurs.” he said.
The Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Ministry of Education, Mr. Abayomi Abolaji who commended the organizers of the project charged the students to be prepared for their future.
“You are great, the greatness starts now and not tomorrow. Leadership starts now, whatever you want to be in the future should be put in place now.
“Student entrepreneurship has gone past the era of just acquiring knowledge. You can acquire many degrees but if you can not apply it, you haven’t learned anything.
“A person is only called ‘wise’ if he is able to apply what he has learned. We can not pretend to say there are jobs for graduates in Nigeria. Without skill, you can hardly find your place in society.” he said.
The Senior Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Education, Ms. Adetola Salawu commended participants for what they have done since the inception of SEA-Hub.
“Today is about you. There is a reason this was brought to you. The world has gone beyond academics and just learning but now about applying the skills acquired.
“There is a need to apply what you have learned to solve challenges. The aim of this is that you can utilize the little you have learned to solve challenges when you leave school.
“With hard work, you can do all you want. I will urge you to take all you have learned to your friends, neighbors, and families,” she said.
NAN reports that the top three schools from each of the states would participate in the national competition and exhibition.
Each school would be represented by three SEA-Hub students who would present for their schools, two Staff Advisers (supervising teachers), and the school principal.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family