Ukpong said that the COVID-19 Emergency Response Task Force would be inaugurated in the 31 Local Government Areas in the state.
He said the directives had been given to all Council Chairmen to set up an Emergency Response Taskforce before the state recorded its first index case.
He expressed concerns over non compliance by some local government areas.
The Health Commissioner said, “the State Government is not relenting in its effort in combating the spread of the virus, adding that rapid response to suspected cases of COVID-19 was vital to controlling the pandemic.
Ukpong, who is also the chairman, state Incident Management Committee (IMC), urged the 31 local government areas, yet to set up the emergency task force to do so immediately.
Edited By: Angela Okisor/Felix Ajide (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3bXb
- Biden discusses Gaza conflict with Israeli, Palestinian leaders
- Gov. Buni for grants financial autonomy to judiciary in Yobe
- Egypt to host inaugural CAF Women’s Champions League finals
- NOUN VC urges 17,804 matriculating students to be studious, courageous
- Navy releases list of successful candidates for Basic Training School
- Flood: Gov. Yahaya warns residents against dumping refuse in drainages
- FG reiterates commitment to restore mangrove in Ogoniland
- Arsenal owner rejects bid from Spotify to take over club
- Abia govt. reiterates commitment to ban open grazing of cattle