The Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Lucky Ayedatiwa, who graced the on-road race that opened the Ondo Auto Race, on Saturday April 3rd, said the government was very proud to be associated with ingenious effort to expand the state’s tourism offering and would give the initiative an enabling environment to grow.
According to Ayedatiwa who represented the state government and flagged off of the road race in Akure, “Our government is open to all effort both private and public that will complement the vision of the government and the Work and Play group has been consistent in that”
Adeoye Ojuoko, the President of the group that championed the Multi-Sport engagement; both on-road, off road and bike races said it was time sports became a huge part of domestic tourism.
“We have a purpose-built race track for off-road race in Ilara Imokin, which attracted a lot of car and bike enthusiasts this Easter.
“Our goal is to keep pivoting till its fit perfectly a major diary event for domestic tourism,” he said.
Ojuoko said the racers visited Erin-Ijesha waterfall on their way to the event, adding that his group has the intention to grow to run for longer days.
“Our off-road track is nestled within the Smokin Hills Golf Course Resort which gives the participants the opportunity to explore the course, either as players or campers.
“There is also the chance of exploring the beautiful lake on the course, which has become a home to different species of migrating birds all year round.” He said.
Argo Raak, last year winner, of the Ondo Race, extended his dominance at the event when he won both the on-road and Off-road races.
The Estonian, dumped the highly competitive line up of top racers that graced the on-road event, in the six-lap race around Alagbaka Government House, in Akure.
“It feels good to be winner again, Akure and the Work and Play team has been wonderful in keeping this event on.
“I am also very appreciative of the support from the indigenes that are becoming more attuned to the sport.
“The government of Ondo State too has been very supportive and making us feel welcomed each time. This victory is for everybody,” Argo said.
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu and Chief Micheal Adeojo were also honoured at the event.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yCN
- Atiku mourns ex-Minister of Women Affairs, Alhassan
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)