African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
NNN: Industry pioneers accelerating the growth of Africa’s energy sector will be honored at the African Energy Week 2022 (AECWeek.com), which is seeking submissions for candidates to receive its 2022 African Energy Awards. The submission deadline It is June 31, 2022.
The African Energy Chamber (AEC) is proud to announce that the African Energy Awards will return to Africa’s premier energy event, African Energy Week (AEW), from 18-21 October 2022 in Cape Town, to celebrate excellence, innovation and pioneering work. carried out by professionals and organizations within the continent’s energy industry.
Now, the ACS is calling on industry leaders, professionals and ordinary citizens from across the continent to submit candidate proposals to the recipients of the different categories honored at the African Energy Awards, given to extraordinary individuals during AEW. , the continent’s leading energy event. The largest event and celebration of the ACS’s relentless campaign to make energy poverty history by 2030.
The AEC asks the general public to send their proposals through the email firstname.lastname@example.org for the following categories:
National Oil Company of the Year Award
As the continent grapples with the energy transition, National Oil Companies (NOCs) are playing a critical role in empowering African nations to make more of their energy resources. This award recognized the achievements of the NOC that has most proven to be capable not only of being a reliable partner, but also of being the leading entity in the path towards its country’s energy ambitions.
African Gas Monetization of the Year
This award recognizes the companies and projects that are driving gas monetization in Africa to close the energy poverty gap.
Operational Excellence Award
This award is for the company that has stood out for operating on the continent in a new, sustainable way with local impact.
CEO of the Year Award
This award recognizes the achievement of high-level executives who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in their organizations.
ESG Leader Award
As ESG (environmental, social and governance) becomes central to the development of Africa’s natural resources, the continent needs champions who protect and promote local populations while ensuring fair and safe operations.
game changer award
This award is given to the company or organization that has revolutionized its field, changing the rules of what is common ground and what has become the new rule.
African Independent of the Year Award
A new generation of explorers is rising to the challenge of sustainably developing the continent’s hydrocarbon resources. This award is given to the independent who has managed to make a mark on the continent and open up the game upstream for new explorers to come.
Lifetime Achievement Award (this category is not open to public nominations)
This award is given to the person or persons who have taken courageous steps to promote the well-being of African citizens, the socio-economic stability of their nation and improve the functioning and profitability of energy and hydrocarbon markets.
Under the theme “Exploring and Investing in Africa’s Energy Future While Driving an Enabling Environment”, AEW 2022 will celebrate industry achievements and discuss the challenges and opportunities within Africa’s oil, gas and energy sector.
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss
- Seplat, NLNG proffer solutions to Nigeria’s gas crisis