Africa Oil & Power officially opened the 2021 Mozambique Gas & Power (MGP) technical workshops with a ceremony held today in Maputo; the ceremony included opening statements by Miquelina Menezes, President of Mozambique Women of Energy, and highlighted the organization’s perspectives on the region’s electrification progress, in commemoration of International Women’s Day; To comply with COVID-19 regulations, the MGP 2021 Conference and Exhibition has been rescheduled for later in 2021, while the planned workshops will take place online on March 9.
Africa Oil & Power (AOP) (www.AfricaOilAndPower.com) officially opened its scheduled day of technical workshops in Mozambique Gas & Power (MGP) with a ceremony dedicated to the celebration of International Women’s Day. As the world celebrates women, AOP aims to highlight women in Africa’s growing energy sector and the value of gender inclusion.
“I would like to congratulate all the women today,” said Miquelina Menezes, President of Mozambique Women of Energy. “Energy is important for everyone in Mozambique, but especially for women. With so many projects to come in Mozambique, the government has announced the goal of energy for all by 2024. Mozambique is moving in the right direction to achieve this goal. “
“As a prelude to the live event that Mozambique Gas & Power 2021 is about to deliver soon, we have an exceptional range in store,” said Renée Montez-Avinir, General Manager of AOP. “Please stay tuned for the stimulating discussions taking place tomorrow.”
The event brought together industry leaders and government officials and precedes a day of technical workshops that target a range of discussions around critical topics impacting the country’s energy sector. Delegates can still register for the March 9 workshops at www.MzGasAndPower.com.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yeb
- Police deploy 17,500 for LG Rivers election
- Russia, Ukraine hold military exercises, NATO responds
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Buhari saddened by killing of soldiers in Bénoué, says Magashi
- Edo 2020 release: Okowa congratulates the Delta team
- Residents of Kano and Katsina accuse manufacturers of cement price
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)