According to the continental disease control and prevention agency’s Africa COVID-19 dashboard, the death toll related to the pandemic stood at 78,313 as of Sunday with 2,649,520 recoveries.
The Southern African region is the hardest-hit area in Africa in terms of the number of cases, followed by the Northern African region, according to the Africa CDC.
The five highly-affected African countries include South Africa with 1,325,659 cases, Morocco with 458,865 cases, Tunisia with 177,231 cases, Egypt with 155,507 cases, as well as Ethiopia with 130,772 cases.
South Africa is also the highest-affected African country in terms of COVID-19-inflicted deaths, with 36,851 deaths.
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Nigeria: children traumatized by kidnapping need urgent rehabilitation, say UN experts
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Team Europe partners with Equity Bank to support Kenyan businesses and agriculture amid COVID-19
- West African ministers of health in the joint fight against Ebola
- The Union of OIC News Agencies (UNA) and SID through THIQAH (IDB Group Business Forum) sign MoC to strengthen cooperation in the field of media