A total of 15 militants including seven foreign fighters have been confirmed dead as fighting planes targeted a Taliban hideout in the eastern Ghazni province on Wednesday, said an army statement released here Thursday.
According to the statement, the militants launched attacks on Ashaqwal and Nugahi areas in the outskirt of the provincial capital Ghazni city on Wednesday afternoon. The troops backed by fighting planes retaliated, killing 15 insurgents including seven foreign nationals, forcing the militants to flee.
Taliban militants who are active in parts of Ghazni province have yet to make comments.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3nac
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel